Let's make C-M-w in isearch yank symbol, not delete character

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Let's make C-M-w in isearch yank symbol, not delete character
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:10:25 -0800

Right now, C-w in search-mode yanks a word from the buffer and globs it onto the end of the search result. I usually want to search for symbols, not words, so I end up pressing C-w multiple times. C-M-w would be the natural keybinding for yanking a symbol instead of a word, but it's already taken by isearch-del-char. How about moving isearch-del-char somewhere else, like C-d, and making C-M-w yank a whole symbol?