Re: Preview: portable dumper

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Preview: portable dumper
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:48:05 +0000

On Fri 16 Feb 2018, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> When Angelo reported this, I said I didn't understand how a similar
> code in sysdep.c:emacs_intr_read does compile without a problem,
> although it seems to feed a ptrdiff_t value (which should be 64-bit
> wide in the 64-bit Windows build, just like size_t, except for the
> signedness), similarly to the above.  Can you spot why that works?

The difference is at the top of pdumper.c:

#ifdef __GNUC__
# pragma GCC diagnostic error "-Wconversion"
# pragma GCC diagnostic error "-Wshadow"

Everything else appears to be built without that warning as error. If I
add similar pragmas to sysdep.c then it also emits a dozen or so
conversion warnings as errors.

    AndyM