Re: Is it possible let child-frame not hide the mode-line and minibuffer

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Is it possible let child-frame not hide the mode-line and minibuffer out
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 10:05:11 +0100

> When a child-frame move to position (-1 . 0), it will hide its
> parent-frame's mode-line and minibuffer, is it possible let child-frame
> auto move above a little, and let it not hide its parent-frame's
> mode-line and minibuffer?

I'm not sure why a position like (-1 . 0) should do that - did you
mean (0 . -1)?

But what is "auto" move?  Positioning and sizing of child frames is
completely left to the caller with one exception: When the parent
frame is resized, the child frame may have to be resized and
repositioned too.  IIRC we try to do that proportionally so it's
possible that the parent frame's mode line gets obscured.  Is it that
you had in mind?

martin