Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?

From: Radon Rosborough
Subject: Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 22:30:14 -0800

> I think there should be a way to activate a package explicitly for the
> current session _without_ automatically activating it for future
> sessions.

The failure of package.el to support this use case is (one reason) why
I wrote straight.el [1]. Another tool which is designed to extend
package.el to allow for temporary activation of packages is Try [2].
If functionality in this area were added directly to package.el, I
think it would be a great improvement.

[1]: https://github.com/raxod502/straight.el
[2]: https://github.com/larstvei/Try