Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Loading a package applies automatically to future sessions?
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 15:44:13 -0500

  > Perhaps some better terminology would be in order? I would suggest
  > that we never refer to "loading" a package, and instead say:

  > * "activating a package" means evaluating its autoloads
  >   Lisp code, which is possibly part of a package

I think it is ok to talk about "loading a package"
if that means loading its files.

However, if you evaluate its autoloads, you won't need to explicitly
load its files ever, since the autoloads will do that.  Thus, the
manual may only need to talk about activating it.

I think there should be a way to activate a package explicitly for the
current session _without_ automatically activating it for future
sessions.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.