ELPA: CONTRIBUTING.org and targets/

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: ELPA: CONTRIBUTING.org and targets/
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:03:01 +0000

Hi,

AFAICT, CONTRIBUTING.org and targets/ do not pertain to ELPA
itself, but to ivy and should be somewhere under
packages/ivy/.

If you want to guard (to some degree) against accidentally
modifying other packages, you can add this fragment:

| if git diff --cached --name-only -z $against | grep -qvz '^packages/ivy/';
then
|     echo "Trying to modify files outside of packages/ivy/";
|     exit 1
| fi

to your .git/hooks/pre-commit (I assume this won't necessar-
ily work for merge commits).

Tim