Re: Child-frame can not move to proper position when run "env GDK_SCALE=

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Child-frame can not move to proper position when run "env GDK_SCALE=2 emacs"
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 11:19:23 +0100

> Ugh. I don't think we should expose the scale values, we should fix
> whatever the issue is with set-frame-position. Naively that's the
> attached patch, but I worry about other places that assume unscaled
> coordinates. I'll run with it for a while and see if any pop up.

So I suppose Emacs tooltips (the ones enabled by customizing
`x-gtk-use-system-tooltips' to nil) were affectd by this as well and
should now work properly with your patch.  Can you verify that?

In either case I would like to install the patch on the release branch
so anyone using GTK/GDK scaling please try it ASAP.

Many thanks, martin