Re: Lisp primitives and their calling of the change hooks

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Lisp primitives and their calling of the change hooks
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 05:41:02 +0200

> Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2018 21:10:55 +0000
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>
>
> > Like I said, I think we should have only one pair of hooks, like we
> > have in replace_range.
>
> OK.  This is slightly more awkward: del_range needs to be replaced by
> del_range_2, so as not to get an extra call to signal_after_change.

You need a call to update_compositions after del_range_2, to mimic
what del_range does, I think.

> There is also no a-c-f call if the decompression exits with an error.

You mean, if the user quits?  That throws to top level, so it would be
wrong to invoke any after-change hooks, and unwind_decompress will
call the hooks for the partially uncompressed data.  Do we need more?

Thanks.