Using the correct terms LAP vs ELisp Bytecode or something else

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: Using the correct terms LAP vs ELisp Bytecode or something else
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 19:44:31 -0500

What's the difference between LAP and Elisp Bytecode (if that is the right term)?

LAP stands for Lisp Assembly Program, so I imagine that refers  to the text representation. Bytecode however generally refers to a more binary representation, but I guess often it includes the mnemonics for the code.

If I  want to describe the the assembly instructions, should I refer to it as LAP instructions or Elisp bytecode instructions or Emacs Lisp bytecode instructions?

And is it "bytecode' or "byte code"?

Or maybe there aren't any conventions and none of this matters so I can just use whatever I feel like.

Please advise. Thanks.