"python" c-style-alist definition and PEP7

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: "python" c-style-alist definition and PEP7
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2017 09:55:10 +0100

Hi,

I noticed that the c-style-alist default definition for "python" does not
follow the style recommendations of PEP7[#], w.r.t. `c-basic-offset' and
`indent-tabs-mode'.

In my .emacs.d I thus added something like

    (defconst python-c-style
      '("python"
        (indent-tabs-mode . nil)
        (c-basic-offset . 4))
      "Rectified CPython style")

    (c-add-style "python3" python-c-style)

to adjust those settings, activating that style in a .dir-locals.el file in
the root directory of my CPython sources checkout.

While that is of course easy enough, I wonder whether the default settings
should be "fixed".

What's your opinion?

bye, lele.

[#] https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0007/#code-lay-out