[Footnote-mode]: alignment option [CODE included]

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: [Footnote-mode]: alignment option [CODE included]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 01:18:01 -0500

Hi. I'm not a member of the list, but I wanted to share some code that I
think would be useful for emacs users...

The attached code allows one to left-justify footnote text from the
first column of text, instead of from the left margin. I find this
aesthetically preferable, especially when I have long footnotes.

Once the code is evaluated and one has footnote-mode enabled, `C-c ! q'
toggles the feature. Then, whenever one performs an auto-fill, `M-q'',
feature acts. Of course, if one has visual-line-mode enabled, the
auto-fill acts automatically.

The current code is set up as defadvice-s (that's how long I've ended up
sitting on it), but if emacs wants it integrated into the mode, there's
no need for that.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0