Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Repla

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] Re: [Emacs-diffs] scratch/widen-less a4ba846: Replace prog-widen with consolidating widen calls
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 10:03:02 +0000

On 12/4/17 2:24 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Not really, no: adjusting the current code so that those caches work
right in mmm-mode can also be done and can't be terribly hard either
(e.g. flush the caches whenever the narrowing has changed, or index the
caches with the current narrowing.  Basically the same solutions we've
discussed to get syntax-ppss to coexist reliably with narrowing).
Of course, it would take you or me a lot of time trying to understand
how those things currently work, then choose a solution, then
implement it, but it's still just a small matter of adjusting CC-mode
here and there.  Nothing fundamentally hard.

Makes sense. Yes, one of the problems is that an MMM doesn't know about all the caches.

I think he was referring to the PREVIOUS-CHUNKS part of
prog-indentation-context.  The MMM framework could easily provide some
similar facility (which would take care of changing the narrowing when
needed).  But I think we had better see some concrete uses first before
deciding upon a design for that.

Ah, right then. I agree.

There are still no examples of using PREVIOUS-CHUNKS.