Re: Emacs on QNX

From: Elad Lahav
Subject: Re: Emacs on QNX
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 11:55:51 +0000

On Thu, 2017-11-30 at 19:37 -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> It's of course possible, but I'm not sure it's worth the maintenance
> hassle for
> us. We used to configure all libraries by hand but found that this
> was a real
> maintenance burden, and it was easier to rely on pkg-config to solve
> the problem
> (at least for newer libraries like libxml2). You have a solution that
> works for
> QNX and, I think it's unlikely that people on other platforms will
> run into the
> problem. If they do, we can revisit this issue.

Don't get me wrong - I have no problem building with the command line I
cited - still better than the one I had to use to build vim ;-) The
number of people currently using Emacs on QNX can probably be counted
on two digits (as in fingers), so there is really no reason to go out
of your way to support it. The only thing I can suggest is to not
require both LIBXML2_LIBS and LIBXML2_CFLAGS to be specified.

--Elad