Re: Minibuffer positioned at a location other than the bottom of the fra

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Minibuffer positioned at a location other than the bottom of the frame?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 13:55:38 -0500

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Yuri Khan <address@hidden> wrote:
> If that 43" is at a standard arm’s length, you could use a tiling
> window manager to split it into a matrix of three columns by two rows,
> then treat it as six separate 16.3" monitors, 1280×1080 pixels each.

I want the simplicity of managing a single concept: emacs windows.
Put another way, I do not want to get involved with emacs windows
versus frames, nor emacs windows versus window manager windows.

> Also, how is it positioned? Ergonomic guidelines say the top of the
> monitor should be at eye level, but then the bottom edge will probably
> be below desk surface.

My physical desk is a motorized stand-up desk.  I can position that
massive monitor as I choose.  Currently I would say that it is about
1 1/3 arm's length away and positioned so that when I stare straight
ahead I am looking at a point about 1/4 of the way down the screen.
Looking upwards closer to the top of the screen is no issue.  Having
to jump frequently to the bottom of the screen is dizzying.

/john