Re: windows installer

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: windows installer
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 22:35:49 +0100

> They _will_ want to add it to PATH if they want to install packages
> from the likes of ELPA, which frequently come with Makefiles that
> invoke Emacs to compile the Lisp files.

For lack of familiarity with the Windows world, I don't know if typical
Windows users will want to add it to PATH (as a GNU/Linux user, of
course I'd do that), but I think the "frequently" above is incorrect.

Makefiles ? But the average Windows user does not have a make.exe program on his machine
and does not even know what it is used for.

(Admittedly, an Emacs user is probably not an average Windows user).

Fabrice