Re: Two issues with the new Flymake

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Two issues with the new Flymake
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 13:15:11 -0400

> -    (error (flymake-error "Invalid region line=%s col=%s" line col))))
> +    (error (flymake-log :warning "Invalid region line=%s col=%s" line col))))

BTW, for the `master` branch, I think flymake should try to keep track
of which pats of the buffer have changed since the process was launched,
so that it can distinguish between spurious errors due to out-of-date
information (as in this case), and real errors.

At the very least it could keep enough info to know if *some* change
took place or not (e.g. remember the value of buffer-text-modified-tick
when the backend was launched).

Again, this is not for the `emacs-26` branch.

        Stefan