Re: [ELPA] New package: mctags

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: mctags
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:11:36 -0600

>> The idea is to have a ".etags" config file that tells etags what to do.
>> Then "etags --find" will read this file, walk the directory tree, and
>> update the TAGS file.

Stefan> That sounds cool.  Can you also tell it to just use the files under
Stefan> VCS control?

I didn't implement this; I think because since switching to git I don't
really leave source-like files lying around any more.

I suppose it could be done by adding a way for "--find" mode to take
files as input, and then asking the VCS to pipe the file list into it.

Tom