Re: Display of Lao script

From: handa
Subject: Re: Display of Lao script
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 18:14:01 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Stephen Berman <address@hidden> writes:

> In your screen shot the displays of the Kannada, Khmer and Malayalam
> examples are partly different from the displays in my Emacs:

That is because I didn't install proper fonts for those scripts.

Anyway, the log has these suspicious lines:
 [DB] <font,layouter,laoo-generic,nil> from /usr/share/m17n/LAOO-GENERIC.flt
 [FLT] (laoo-generic (dejavu sans mono)
 [FLT]   (SOURCE 0E94 0EB5)
 [FLT]   (RESULT 04BA 04D4))

In my case, the first line is:
 [DB] <font,layouter,laoo-otf,nil> from /usr/share/m17n/LAOO-OTF.flt

I have not yet figured out why LAOO-OTF.flt is not selected for you, but
could you please try this:

1. Move LAOO-*.flt (except for LAOO-OTF.flt) from /usr/share/m17n to,
   for instance /tmp.
2. Prepare a file that contains the Lao line only.
3. Run emacs as this:
   % MDEBUG_DATABASE=1 MDEBUG_FLT=3 emacs
4. Visit the Lao only file.

---