Re: Image resizing and rotation on NS port without imagemagick

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Image resizing and rotation on NS port without imagemagick
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 22:53:28 +0200

Alan Third <address@hidden> writes:

> It’s always kind of bugged me that I need imagemagick to do image
> resizing when Cocoa and GNUstep support it natively, so I’ve finally
> got round to implementing it.

Allowing all the other image formats to support scaling and stuff would
be very nice, but this is just for the Apple port?  I think if Emacs has
(for instance) .png scaling, it should preferably be supported across
all architectures...

> +- (void)setSizeFromSpec: (Lisp_Object) spec
> +{
> +  NSSize size = [self size];
> +  Lisp_Object value;
> +  double scale = 1, aspect = size.width / size.height;
> +  double width = -1, height = -1, max_width = -1, max_height = -1;
> +
> +  value = Fplist_get (spec, QCscale);
> +  if (NUMBERP (value))
> +    scale = XFLOATINT (value) ;

[...]

> +  [self setSize:NSMakeSize(width, height)];

(Etc.)  This function seems to replicate the functionality of
compute_image_size in image.c?  Is there any reason why that couldn't
just be reused here, too?  (Perhaps the calling conventions would need
to be tweaked a bit...)