Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode

From: Alex
Subject: Re: Emacs26: Quick thoughts on display-line-numbers-mode
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 15:12:11 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Alex <address@hidden>
>> Cc: Matthew Plant <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>> Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 17:24:15 -0600

>> > My reasoning was that this is one of the basic faces we provide, so
>> > it's in the basic faces group.
>>
>> It appears that a face can be added to multiple groups.
>
> Which other faces are in more than one group?

Here are some in face.el:
mode-line*
window-divider*
fringe
cursor
mouse
menu

>> Perhaps this should be done for the line-number* faces?
>
> If this is established practice, no objections here.

Okay, I've attached a patch which does this. Additionally, I added the
`display-line-numbers' group to the `convenience' group since (n)linum
belong to that group. nlinum belongs to 2 groups already, as do groups
such as `message' and `mode-line-faces', so it should also be fine.