Re: Flymake refactored

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Flymake refactored
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:26:30 -0400

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 17:03:52 +0200 Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> wrote:

DG> On 9/29/17 4:55 PM, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> Right now the logic is based on buffer visibility, I think. next-error
>> supposed to be DWIM so the complexity is on the software side (and
>> messy) to keep the user experience simple. For me, it Just Works
>> currently (I use Occur and Flycheck a lot, compile and grep/git grep
>> less) so I've been pretty happy with it. I'm sure it can be improved :)

DG> See https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20489 for a recent
discussion.

I was specifically talking about how Flymake should integrate with
next-error. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

I'm not sure if you want to follow up on that bug or here in a new
thread, but if you want to make a branch with the changes you think
would improve the next-error DWIM experience, I'll be glad to take a
look and test it with my workflows. That would probably be the most
effective way.

Ted