Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Emacs 26.1 release branch created
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 11:47:30 -0700

AM> There will be no other chance to correct the poor choice of symbols in
AM> text-quoting-style. It has to be done now, or it can never be done.

But this isn't what was asked for, which was only to make text-quoting-style
customizable. Correcting the choice of symbols is an orthogonal matter, to
decided separately. Whether that is done for 26.1 or not has yet to even be
considered.

We cannot accept the change as is, but I'd be happy for a change that only
makes the current text-quoting-style customizable, although with documentation
in the manual and NEWS. Thanks!