Re: Cocoa not detected when building on macOS 10.13

From: Alan Third
Subject: Re: Cocoa not detected when building on macOS 10.13
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 20:39:25 +0100

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 06:43:53PM +0200, Aaron Jensen wrote:
> I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but when I build the emacs-26
> branch on macOS 10.13 I don’t get cocoa specific features like
> ns-transparent-titlebar
>
> Is detection broken for 10.13?

I can’t think of any reason it should be.

Are you sure you’re testing the features correctly? Transparent
titlebars are enabled like so:

    (set-frame-parameter nil ’ns-transparent-titlebar t)

And if that’s not working then I wouldn’t expect things like native
fullscreen to work either, and I’d expect a _lot_ of warnings during
compilation.

If it’s definitely not working, try compiling and running this:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <AvailabilityMacros.h>

void main(void)
{
  printf("MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED: %d\nMAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED:
%d\n",
         MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED, MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED);
}

# clang test.c ; ./a.out

and send the output back to me.

(I realise it would be easier to just look in AvailabilityMacros.h,
but I can never work out where those files are actually kept.)
--
Alan Third