Re: Suggestion to add before and after hooks to posn-set-point.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Suggestion to add before and after hooks to posn-set-point.
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 22:21:05 -0400

> It seems as of Emacs 25, there are no hooks in posn-set-point to do
> something custom before or after point has been set/moved.

There are various ways to do things very similar to what posn-set-point
does, so a hook on this function seems rather odd to me: it will only
catch some window selections and some point movements.

IOW I find it difficult to characterize when these hooks will be run
(except with the trivial characterization that they're run when
posn-set-point is run, which is not very meaningful since no command is
documented to use this function).

        Stefan