Re: JSON/YAML/TOML/etc. parsing performance

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: JSON/YAML/TOML/etc. parsing performance
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 21:57:54 +0200

() Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
() Mon, 18 Sep 2017 16:14:32 +0000

   > So I must ask you to please revert, and let's wait
   > until the discussion comes to its completion.

   Done; I probably should have waited a few days.

Just a thought (also applicable to YAML, etc), while waiting:

How about we use this opportunity to explore the (C language)
modules support?  Parsing is in practice a bug-ridden endeavor,
so if we're going to do it in C (i.e., commit to handling all
those latent CVEs), why not prioritize isolation more highly?

Even more extremely, why not call out to an external program?
For instance, modify jq(1) to emit sexps for Emacs to ‘read’ (w/
proper exception handling).  This would benefit other Lisp and
(maybe) Scheme systems as well.

--
 (defun responsep (query)