Re: Why wasn't the 25.3 release based on the then-head of the emacs-25 b

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Why wasn't the 25.3 release based on the then-head of the emacs-25 branch?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 19:39:08 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> The emacs-25 branch included a couple of non-trivial code changes post
> 25.2, which were not widely tested.  In fact, I'm guessing that no one
> actually used the branch, once 25.2 was released, more than just start
> it up and maybe run the tests.

I'm not aware of any non-trival code changes.

For the record, the _only_ code change (until Paul's gcc-7 changes last
Friday, which do seem trivial) in the emacs-25 branch was the tls one I
referred to. It had been present in both emacs-25 and master since
April, as well as being distro-patched by Debian in their Emacs 25.1
package over the same time period (since they considered it a serious
issue, ie one that otherwise merits eventual removal of the affected
package; ref https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=766397 ).
Personally I consider that ample testing.

Everything else was doc fixes.