Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Suspicious warning in W64 build
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 17:43:40 +0300

> Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 11:59:47 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Some of the warnings are not Windows specific, so I'm CC'ing Paul.

Here's one more:

    CC       indent.o
  indent.c: In function 'scan_for_column':
  indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
[-Wnull-dereference]
     return 0;
            ^
  indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
[-Wnull-dereference]
  indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
[-Wnull-dereference]
  indent.c:69:10: warning: potential null pointer dereference
[-Wnull-dereference]

I don't see how this could be anything but a GCC bug.  Yes,
buffer_display_table can return NULL, but every place that calls it
makes sure the result is non-NULL before dereferencing it.  Did I miss
something?