Re: Licence of ts-comint

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Licence of ts-comint
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 13:33:26 -0400

On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

​                                                 ​
​. . .
 they could write their own backends
>> from scratch which would mean users losing out on all the research that's
>> gone into LLVM, any chance of compatibility with standard tools, etc.
>
> These are side issues when our freedom is at stake.

Wow!  For many your freedom is a luxury​ when there exists no other realistic
approach
 achieving a
​n objective​
 beside leveraging LLVM
​.  In this instance
realistic
mean
​s​
within a realistic time-frame and a realistic
​ ​
budget.

Reminds me of the importance a population
​ experiencing widespread famine
attach
​es​
​