Re: customize hideshow.el?

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: customize hideshow.el?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 06:44:50 +0200

On 2017-08-13 18:58, Yuri Khan wrote:
> You can treat the symptom with a painkiller such as hideshow. But the
> root cause is better treated by extracting a
> function/procedure/subroutine.

The OP seems to be refactoring existing code, so I'm not sure what this comment
is getting at :/

Sure, ideally all code would be clean and nice and there would be no need for
tools that work around ugly code.  In practice, though, it's hard to get people
to agree on exactly what clean and nice code is, and many of us end up reading
a lot of code they didn't write, cannot change, and don't necessarily like.  In
these cases, "treating the symptoms with hideshow" sounds like a very
reasonable approach.

Clément.