Re: request for votes for continuous integration system

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: request for votes for continuous integration system
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:38:40 -0400

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:36:37 -0700 John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:

TZ> I strongly encourage everyone to look around the Hydra instance we
TZ> use today, GitLab, BuildBot, and other CI systems they may know.

JW> What was the final outcome of the voting, in case I missed it?

GitLab has carried the vote by a large majority (8 votes). I got about
half of those in private e-mail. The great majority of Emacs developers
haven't had a strong opinion in emacs-devel or elsewhere.

Meanwhile, gitlab.com has issues mirroring the Emacs repository, but
they said that's a system-wide issue, and they host many thousands of
repositories. So I don't think that will be an issue with a dedicated
private installation, but I'm bringing it up in the interest of full
disclosure: https://gitlab.com/emacs-ci/emacs/issues/3

Unless there are objections, I ask (again) for a machine to host a
GitLab installation. I can help set it up, but it has to be allocated
like the GNU ELPA server, internally. Once it's up and running, we can
set it up and start doing CI against all emacs.git commits.

Ted