tagging ERT tests with bug numbers (was: Question about test failure on

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: tagging ERT tests with bug numbers (was: Question about test failure on Hydra)
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:41:32 -0400

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 17:50:38 +0200 Stephen Berman <address@hidden> wrote:

SB> Part of the Dired tests for bug#27243 continues to fail intermittently
SB> (ert-deftest dired-test-bug27243-01 ()
SB>   "Test for https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27243#5 ."

I think it would be terrific if we could tag ERT tests with the bug ID
and URL, so these could be shown automatically if the test failed.

Is there a way to do that? I know we can put properties onto symbols,
but maybe there's a way to tag ERT tests in particular? I don't see
anything in the docs besides predicates, which these tags are not.

Thanks
Ted