Re: Question about test failure on Hydra

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Question about test failure on Hydra
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 22:23:32 +0200

On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 18:59:34 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Doesn't dired-auto-revert-buffer by default use some kind of file
> notifications?  If so, this could be some race between the
> notification coming in and the rest.  You could introduce a wait to
> try to solve that, or maybe try turning off file notifications.

I stepped through dired-revert and followed the call chain to
insert-directory but didn't see anything that seemed related to file
notifications.  But I'm not familiar with file notifications in Emacs.
Can you point to where file notifications come into play here, or can
you tell me how I can find out if they are involved?

Steve Berman