Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages

From: Mats Lidell
Subject: Re: Some hard numbers on licenses used by elisp packages
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 23:23:45 +0200

> Richard Stallman writes:
> Under the malign influence of GitHub, developers often don't bother to
> put on a license.  This means the program is not free software (nor
> open source either).

Maybe we need to ask the authors why the decided to do as they did?

If I remember correctly, most of the "No license" packages I looked at were
really small consisting of just one file and that that file too was rather
small. I can, in my fantasies, come up with a number of possible reasons why
the author of such a package would skip the licensing but why guess, lets ask
them!?

Yours
--
%% Mats