Re: Getting the correct line/column numbers on byte compilation error/wa

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Getting the correct line/column numbers on byte compilation error/warning messages
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 17:53:06 +0000

Hello, Clément.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:27:57 +0200, Clément Pit-Claudel wrote:
> On 2017-07-16 15:44, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> > What do people think?

> I think fixing that problem would be very, very nice.  As to your
> solution: which primitives did you actually have to redefine? It
> sounds like in most cases the new primitives would be very thin
> wrappers around setf, wouldn't they?

Well, it's still a work in progress, so I don't yet know the full set of
new primitives I'll need.  But so far, I've got
(defun bo-cons (kar kdr dest) ...)
(defun bo-dup-hash (src) ...) ; create a new cons with the same hash
    entry as SRC.
(defun bo-reuse-cons (form kons) ...) ; Put the result of FORM into
    kons.
(bo-mapcar (fn list) ...) ; Result list uses cons structure in LIST.
(bo-list-2 (elt0 elt1 dest0 dest1) ; Use DEST[01] to hold the 2 element
    list.
also bo-list-1, bo-list-3, etc,

...amongst a whole lot of half-baked ideas.  It's slowly beginning to
come together, though.  Funnily enough, I haven't used setf a single
time yet.  I've only a vague idea what it does.  I'll need to look it
up.

> Thanks for working on this,

We'll see what we can manage.

--