Re: Please explain the FSF copyright assignment thing

From: Filipe Silva
Subject: Re: Please explain the FSF copyright assignment thing
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:32:56 -0300

 I can guess: Because git is very important and magit solves that beautifully for emacs?

Now the other question still stands: what could a berserk past author do legally to exert prejudice against the FSF or emacs users, given that the software he wrote is licensed under GPLv3? Why can't FSF distribute his software under the same license?