Re: Emacs 25.2, win64, env vars

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.2, win64, env vars
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 17:43:41 +0300

> From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 11:17:29 +0200
> Cc: Noam Postavsky <address@hidden>, Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
>  Do you still see this problem on the current master? I don't see your
>  proposed change committed, but I cannot reproduce the problem,
>  either. Was this fixed in some other way?
>
> A bit strange, because I just did a 'make bootstrap' on master, and I still
> see the problem.

I see a possible misunderstanding here.  Your OP included more than
one problematic recipe, so which one are you trying now?

The first recipe you've shown is this:

  (getenv "TEMP")
  "C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"
  (getenv "temp")
  "C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"

  (setenv "TEMP" "c:/Temp/")
  "c:/Temp/"
  (getenv "TEMP")
  "C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"
  (getenv "temp")
  "C:\\Users\\Fabrice\\AppData\\Roaming\\Local\\Temp"

Is this still what you see now?  If so, does it mean that after
invoking 'setenv', your process-environment has 2 members which both
start with "TEMP=", but have different values?  Because _this_ is what
I cannot reproduce and frankly don't understand how could it happen.