Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: In support of Jonas Bernoulli's Magit
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2017 13:20:39 +0300

> Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2017 09:05:18 -0000
> From: "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Phillip Lord" <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> On Sat, July 8, 2017 6:57 am, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
> >> Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2017 23:08:52 +0100
> >> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, Ken Manheimer
> >> <address@hidden>,
> >> address@hidden
> >> 1) Get list of all contributors/contributor emails
> >> 2) Email assign with full list to find out who needs doing
> >> 3) Email each person with new debugs ticket
> >> 4) One of:
> >> address@hidden cc's electronic communication to debbugs address@hidden
> >> acknowledges paper communication *in either direction* to debbugs.
> >> assign would probably need to attach an ID number to outgoing assignment
> >> forms.
> >
> > There's no need to rely on the FSF assignment clerk for tracking this
> > process: you can ask me to do that instead.  I see all the steps of
> > this process in my email inbox anyway, whether I want it or not.
>
> No this is no good. If I am going to do this, I want notifications -- push
> not pull. So, there needs to be a way to open this up beyond maintainers.

Maybe there's a misunderstanding: I'm offering to do this in your
stead.  IOW, "if I'm going to do this" is no longer applicable: if you
ask me, I will do it for you -- you will no longer need to bother
about the process, you will just get a notification when it's done
(and you can query me about the current status, if you wish).

It's entirely up to you whether to take the offer, of course.