Re: Native line numbers, final testing

From: Alex
Subject: Re: Native line numbers, final testing
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:06:27 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Alex <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 11:51:55 -0600
>>
>> There's an issue with relative line numbers with a non-nil
>> `display-line-numbers-current-absolute'.
>>
>> If the current line number is at least 4 digits long, then the text in
>> the current line is shifted over.
>
> Thanks, but I don't understand what you mean, and I tried one file
> with 5-digit line number and didn't see what I think you described.
>
> Can you show a screenshot?  Are you using some special font where this
> happens?

I forgot that just before testing relative line numbers, I set
`display-line-number-width' to a non-nil value. For immediate results,
try setting it to 0 and hit C-n/C-p a few times.

P.S. I noticed that with display-line-numbers set to 'visual, goto-line
is much slower compared to 'relative. Is this expected? M-g 25000 in
xdisp.c with 'relative is almost insant for me, but quite a few seconds
(the first time) with 'visual. This is in emacs -Q.