Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: libnettle/libhogweed WIP
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:44:05 -0400

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:54:38 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

>> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 18:58:30 -0400
>>
>> There is only one major TODO I can't resolve: I asked for help before,
>> and still can't make the autoconf code detect the GnuTLS functions
>> individually.

EZ> Doesn't something like AC_CHECK_FUNCS do the job?  If not, why not?

I tried to use that macro and many others, but it wouldn't include the
right headers (gnutls/gnutls.h and gnutls/crypto.h). I eventually got it
working with AC_COMPILE_IFELSE+AC_LANG_PROGRAM which I think will test
definitions but not linkage. If anyone wants to provide a better
solution, they could do it after merge or push it on top of my branch?

EZ> You don't need a 'return' after calling 'error' (here and elsewhere),
EZ> as the latter doesn't return.

Those returns have now been removed. I'm not sure why I had warnings
before, I must have misinterpreted something. Thanks for pointing it
out, the code is that much shorter now.

The "void *(*hash_func) (const char *, size_t, void *)" piece in fns.c
gives a warning (incompatible assignment) if the first * is removed. I
believe that's correct and we should keep it the way I had it before.

Ted