Re: docstrings and elisp reference

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: docstrings and elisp reference
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 15:27:30 +0700

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 2:08 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> And therein is my second issue: reading the Bash and the ELisp manuals
> in Zeal, I'm presented with exactly the same contents as when I read
> them in Emacs's Info.  IOW, what I have in Zeal is an Info browser
> without the index-searching facilities which make Info so efficient
> for me.  So for me, and especially in the context of Emacs, it makes
> very little sense to talk about these browsers, because they seem to
> give be a subset of what we already have in Info.  Perhaps I'm missing
> something important.

The important thing you’re missing is availability of other,
non-Texinfo documentation sets, in that same browser. Being able to
browse all necessary documentation in one unified browser is big.
Especially if that one browser can be invoked by pressing a single key
in Emacs and will search the right docset(s) depending on your major
mode.