Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 021430f: New commands: find-library-other-windo

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 021430f: New commands: find-library-other-window, find-library-other-frame
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 18:07:30 -0500

"Charles A. Roelli" <address@hidden> writes:

> This package sounds pretty complicated.

(I'm the author of other-frame-window, with lots of input from
Stefan)

Do you mean "complicated to use"?

I don't see why; it's just prefix keys that mean "other frame" or "other
window". You can rebind the keys to something convenient.

I recently improved the package description in Gnu ELPA; let me know how
it could be improved further.

If you mean "complicated to implement", it wasn't, but that's not very
relevant anyway, since it _is_ implemented, and Just Works. That's the
beauty of packages.

In the long run, it makes all other packages simpler, because they don't
have to provide *-other-frame/window versions of functions.

> And also, wouldn't it step on user bindings made in C-x 4 and C-x 5
> keymaps?

By default, it uses C-x 7, 9, but you might want to rebind those to C-x
4, 5.

--
-- Stephe