Re: Problem committing tests

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: Problem committing tests
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 08:18:30 -0400

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 2:41 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please do add the name of your file there.  Unfortunately, this is not
> always done and so git doesn't commit here when resolving a conflict
> after a pull by telling me (as of last week) something like
>
> admin/unidata/Makefile.in:122: new blank line at EOF.
>
> and I have to locally commit -n.  Someone proposed a fix for this but it
> apparently never made it to the repository.  It's a pain because I tend
> to forget about this issue until I get bitten by it the next time ...

I believe the hooks were modified in [1: e20ad449de], *but* you have
to rerun './autogen git' to update them in your local checkout.

[1: e20ad449de]: 2017-04-29 11:42:13 -0700
  Allow bypassing of some checks when merging

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=e20ad449deefa7470386bf99e05fd8c67227f678