Re: kill-matching-buffers without confirmation

From: Clément Pit-Claudel
Subject: Re: kill-matching-buffers without confirmation
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 15:13:15 -0400

On 2017-05-22 15:00, Kaushal Modi wrote:
> A defcustom seems too risky for this. A user can unknowingly copy that var
> from somewhere and then end up killing modified buffers without confirmation.

I don't think we've applied such a standard before: we have multiple other
variables that disable confirmation prompts, like
confirm-nonexistent-file-or-buffer, confirm-kill-processes or
kill-buffer-query-functions.

> Add a new defun that just sets the new optional arg to non-nil value is less
> risky as the user would then be knowingly calling the risky variant.

Isn't there a similar risk of a user unknowingly copying code that rebinds the
default binding to the risky variant?

Cheers,
Clément.