Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: lisp/term/ns-win.el modification
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 08:14:49 -0400

On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Anders Lindgren <address@hidden> wrote:

> No idea, really. As far as I know "subr-x.el" is the only file with that
> status.
>
> Also, there is another reason why I'am reluctant to use it. If ns-win.el
> requires it, packages written on a mac may use functions from it without
> realising it. Those packages would fail when used on other platforms.

All the definitions in subr-x are defmacro or defsubst, so you can
(eval-when-compile (require 'subr-x)) which means that it would not be
loaded at runtime, and then other packages would not be able to use it
without requiring it.

(I don't know what the right answer for the non-breakable space issue is though)