Re: i18n - Revisited

From: Fernando Botelho
Subject: Re: i18n - Revisited
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 14:36:16 -0300

I agree with you overall. Not the scenario I had in mind initially, but a worthy cause nonetheless.

I did not mean to imply that no blind person had access to Emacs, just that those that currently use it are unusually technically smart or unusually well-connected and informed, or both.

I do disagree that non-technical people would not have use for Emacs. Someone involved in translations, writing, project management, or any number of other tasks could really benefit from Emacs. Sadly for those of us who are not technical, the tipical Emacs user is not terribly good in sales and marketing. I could have saved myself countless wasted hours in the last two decades, had someone I met in college been more pushy about the superiority of his digital environment.

Not his fault, of course, but I will try to do some of that "selling", thus the concern with language.

Thanks again for your guidance,

Fernando