Re: How can I undo a change from a modification-hook?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How can I undo a change from a modification-hook?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 08:48:32 -0400

> Of course, I could rewrite the queuing logic to be more resilient to this
> kind of changes.  But the question is about ways to prevent edits, and
> I think it's more general than this particular example.

Then I woulnd't worry too much about it: the cases where the after-hook
is called "outside" of the before hook's beg/end are basically bugs and
IIUC there are no known remaining cases in Emacs-26 (IIRC there are some
known cases in Emacs-25 where this occurs, mostly in
insert-file-contents (i.e. revert-buffer)).

        Stefan