Re: best way to display alternate view of file

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: best way to display alternate view of file
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:49:42 +0000

On Wed, Apr 19, 2017, 9:45 AM Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm working on a mode to view network traces. So far I have a function
that takes a trace file name and displays the result of the trace
analysis (throught wireshark cli tool).

I would like to use the regular mechanism (add a cons to the auto-load
list for .pcap files) but I don't actually want to display the raw
file, I want to use my function to show an "alternate" view of the
file.

What's the idiomatic way to do a mode like this in Elisp?

Something like this? https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/17009/115
--

Kaushal Modi