Re: GnuPG homedir and package.el?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: GnuPG homedir and package.el?
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 11:04:35 -0400

On Sat, 01 Apr 2017 18:08:20 +0200 Jens Lechtenboerger <address@hidden> wrote:

JL> +(defcustom package-gnupghome-dir (expand-file-name "gnupg"
package-user-dir)
JL> +  "Directory containing GnuPG keyring or nil.
JL> +This variable specifies the GnuPG home directory used by package.
JL> +That directory is passed via the option \"--homedir\" to GnuPG.
JL> +If nil, do not use the option \"--homedir\", but stick with GnuPG's
JL> +default directory."
JL> +  :type 'directory
JL> +  :risky t
JL> +  :version "26.1")

This looks great, and thanks for working on it.

I was wondering if you could provide explicit options to this variable
with :tag descriptions, so users customizing this variable have a nice
interface? Something like (the middle one is very untested):

    :type `(choice (const :tag "Default GnuPG directory in user's home
directory" nil)
                   (const :tag "The default Emacs package management GnuPG home
directory" ,(expand-file-name "gnupg" package-user-dir))
                   (directory :tag "A specific GnuPG --homedir")

Thanks!
Ted