Re: User-defined record types, v3

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Re: User-defined record types, v3
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 09:40:15 +0200

John Wiegley wrote:
> LB> John Wiegley has okayed this, so I'm planning to merge this within
> LB> 24 hours.
> So it's on the official record, I'll confirm for the list that I did OK
> this. :)

It has been pushed.

I'll reiterate:

> A full boostrap build (and testsuite run) works fine.  Incremental
> builds can run into problems with .elc files.  To be on the safe side,
> I usually rebuild from a clean repository, but just removing all .elc
> files also seems to work.

Also, if some .elc file (outside the repository) compiled with the old
cl-defstruct breaks, there a backward compatibility mode that can be
enabled:

    (cl-old-struct-compat-mode 1)

If there's a need to go beoynd that, I have a patch to bump the version
of generated .elc files (the number after ;ELC), and enable backward
compatibility as soon as an old file is loaded.