Re: mouse-wheel-scroll

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: mouse-wheel-scroll
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 10:53:49 +0200

>> I think there is consensus in that 'mouse-wheel-progressive-speed'
>> should be set to nil by default.
>
> Is there?  I wasn't sure, because at least some issues are raised with
> the amount of scrolling for a single wheel click, which doesn't
> involve that variable's effect.

IIUC, the amount of scrolling for a single (isolated in time) wheel
click is currently 5 lines by default in Emacs for anyone who have not
set some system-specific setting for increasing that amount (75 lines
in Tak's environment).  And it seems that we all (except you) would
prefer lowering that amount a bit.

But regardless of the above question about the default value of
'mouse-wheel-scroll-amount', I think none of us like the
Emacs-specific acceleration of the mouse-wheel scrolling.  IOW, we all
prefer 'mouse-wheel-progressive-speed' set to nil by default.

--
Dani Moncayo